Company pension scheme
Company pension schemes are an important topic area of our consulting services. Since in most cases a large number of employees benefit from the pension commitments and the pension entitlements usually build up over many years and decades, the costs of financing the pension entitlements are usually considerable.
Important aspects are therefore the design and justification, continuation and amendment of pension commitments, and finally also the closure of pension schemes. A key factor here is the analysis of the legal basis, which ranges from individual-law to collective-law pension commitments in the context of company agreements. Due to the binding effect of pension commitments, the examination of legal and economic risks plays an important role in the context of labor law due diligence in the case of company acquisitions.
Our consulting services include:
- Analysis and evaluation of liability risks under pension law
- Drafting and amending pension commitments for employees, managing directors and board members
- Outsourcing and closing of pension schemes
- Negotiations with works councils
- Defense against individual claims
- Advice on employment law in connection with mergers and acquisitions as well as the upstream examination of liability risks within the scope of due diligence